Retail Lead / Store Associate
Saint Louis, MO
Are you considering a part-time position to help supplement your income? Are you looking for a full-time position or entry-level supervisory role with growth opportunities? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are now hiring Retail Lead / Store Associates in Maplewood, MO. We have part-time and full-time positions available.
Pay is $10.50-$15+/hr based on experience.
Some of our benefits include:
• Holidays off–we are closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, and Easter.
• Advancement opportunities–we have several leaders that began as Sales Associates!
• Healthcare benefits after 30 days for full-time employees–you take care of our customers, so we take care of you!
• Work/life balance–we offer the best schedule in retail!
As a Retail Lead / Store Associate, you are on your way to increased responsibility and future growth into leadership! This is a great opportunity for someone that has a passion for customer service, is detail-oriented for stocking and inventory management, and is skilled in operating point of sale and maintaining store conditions. Be part of it!
As part of the leadership team, you will make an impact by:
• Opening and closing the store
• Helping complete daily store operations and tasks for the day
• Assisting in unloading all merchandise from delivery trucks, organizing merchandise, and transferring merchandise from stockroom to store
• Maintaining merchandise, including product rotation, proper food handling, receiving, ensuring product quality
• Providing exceptional customer service by building relationships, problem-solving, and building sales
• Cash handling, including bank deposits, getting change for cashiers, setting and counting down registers
• Helping to build and train the team! You'll develop leadership skills while aiding in supervising sales associates
If this sounds like you, make sure you also meet these requirements:
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Have 1-2 years of retail experience with progressively increasing responsibility
• Ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs with frequent lifting above shoulder height
• Ability to work flexible, part-time or full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays
• Ability to safely operate power equipment, such as slicing equipment, walkie lifts, and forklifts where applicable
• You must be a minimum of 18 years old for full-time positions
• Successfully pass our pre-employment checks, including a drug screen and criminal background check
• Basic computer skills will be required
Only those who apply online with us will be considered for this position.
Click "Apply now" today for immediate consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!
Gordon Food Service Store, the retail division of Gordon Food Service, offers the fast pace of retail in an environment that lets you balance your life and foster development for future growth. Our 176 stores are the primary supplier for many small foodservice operators, families, non-profit organizations, caterers, and so much more!
Come help us champion a “Customer is King” environment and see why we set the bar for customer satisfaction in the retail industry!
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.