***You must have 2 or more years of previous grocery or retail management experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in order to be considered for this position.***
Gordon Food Service Store, the retail division of Gordon Food Service, offers the fast pace of retail in an environment that lets you balance your life and foster development for future growth. Our 174 stores are the primary supplier for many small food service operators, families, non-profit organizations, caterers and so much more! Come help us champion a “Customer is King” environment and see why we set the bar for customer satisfaction in the retail industry.
We currently have Assistant Store Manager opportunities available in the Goodlettsville area. Not in the area? We'll cover relocation!
As an Assistant Store Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of store operations, including financial planning and performance, key performance metrics, marketing/promotional activity, merchandising and inventory management, and community stewardship. Our Assistant Store Managers are so important because they help create an atmosphere where the Gordon Food Service values and philosophies flourish. Under their guidance, we deliver an outstanding shopping environment with exceptional service product merchandising, and product quality.
Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry: Gordon Food Service At a Glance. There's a seat at our table for you...
A few perks of working for us include: • Holidays off-we are CLOSED on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, and Easter. • Opportunity for career advancement-We have several leaders that began as sales associates. • Benefits after 30 days. • You take care of our customers, so we take care of you. • Employee Discounts-10% off your purchases. • Bonus potential
• High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field is preferred.
• 2 or more years of previous grocery or retail management experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. • Experience in safe food handling and storage practices is required.
• You must be 18 years of age or older. • Successfully pass our hair drug screen and criminal background check. • You must maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record per GFS policy. • Must have business acumen to understand and leverage financial reporting in driving decisions that positively influence business outcomes.
• Support and execute in-store promotional activities with a high level of engagement and oversight on promotions and merchandising direction. • Build a team! Conduct interviewing, hiring, orientation, and training. Serve as a role model, mentor and resource. Initiate corrective action as needed. • Assess voice of customer data to identify customer experience, product selection needs, and opportunities for improvement.
• Retail is demanding, and a 50+ hour per week schedule can be expected at the Assistant Store Manager level, including 10 hour workdays, shifts that span pre-opening/closing hours, and occasional six-day workweeks throughout the year.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Note: Please make sure you use a valid email so we can follow up with you and let you know what's happening in the process.
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process. Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
Gordon Food Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity.