Sorry, this job has expired.
Starting Pay: $16.00 - $17.00/hr based on experience
Gordon Food Service Store, the retail division of Gordon Food Service, offers the fast pace of retail in an environment that lets you balance your life and foster development for future growth. Our 174 stores are the primary supplier for many small food service operators, families, non-profit organizations, caterers and so much more! Come help us champion a “Customer is King” environment and see why we set the bar for customer satisfaction in the retail industry.
We are currently hiring a Store Team Leader for the Evanston, IL area.
• Holidays off-we are CLOSED on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, and Easter.
• Opportunity for career advancement-We have several leaders that began as sales associates.
• Benefits after 30 days.
• You take care of our customers, so we take care of you.
• Employee Discounts-10% off your purchases.
As a Team Leader, you are on your way to increased responsibility and future growth into leadership opportunities! You must have a passion for customer service, be detail-oriented for stocking and inventory management, and be skilled in operating point of sale and maintaining store conditions. Develop leadership skills while aiding in supervising sales associates in the performance of their assigned duties.
As part of leadership, our Team Leaders:
• Help complete daily store operations and tasks for the day.
• Open and close the store.
• Maintain merchandise-product rotation, proper food handling, receiving, and ensure product quality.
• Provide exceptional customer service by building relationships, problem solving, and building sales.
• Cash handling-bank deposits, getting change for cashiers, setting and counting down registers.
• Keep up with reporting to support sales, earnings, and minimizing shrink.
• Help build and train the team.
• Safely operate power equipment, such as slicing equipment, walkie lifts and forklifts where applicable.
If this sounds like you, make sure you also meet these requirements:
• Grocery retail experience (highly preferable)
• Must have 1-2 years of retail supervisory experience
• Must be a minimum of 18 years old (required).
• Successfully pass our pre-employment checks, including a hair drug screen and criminal background check.
• You must maintain a valid driver's license and safe driving record per GFS policy.
• Must have the ability to read/write, and communicate in English is required; additional language skills are valued.
• Basic math and computer skills will be required.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Note: Please make sure you use a valid email so we can follow up with you and let you know what's happening in the process.
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process. Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity.